PetroFeed terms of services
PetroFeed Inc. and its related companies (collectively, "PetroFeed", "us", "our" or "we") designs products and services that give people and organizations the power to create, share and consume work-related information seamlessly with everyone they do business with while maintaining confidentiality.
These terms of service (the "Terms") govern our relationship with users and others who interact with PetroFeed, as well as PetroFeed products, services, websites and brands, including the app “Tether.iD”, the Trade Name “Tether”, and the website www.Tether.iD all of which we collectively call the "PetroFeed Services" or "Services". Each time you use the Services you are agreeing to be governed by the current version of the Terms, which are updated from time to time. When we make material changes to the Terms, PetroFeed will notify users about the changes before putting them into effect.
Because PetroFeed provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with the Terms, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
Account Creation and Security
Using your real identity and keeping your information accurate is essential to the effectiveness of our Services. Below are the commitments you make to us relating to creating your account and keeping it accurate and secure:
- You must be of legal age in the place where you are using our Services (that is, you must be old enough to enter into a legally binding agreement before you can use our Services).
- Accounts cannot be registered by bots or any other automated means. These types of accounts will be deactivated.
- You are the only person authorized to use your account and the login credentials associated with it. A single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- Since it is your account, you are responsible and liable for any loss or damage resulting or arising from the use of your account. This means that you are responsible for any content that is posted through or shared from your account, as well as any activity that occurs using your account, even if the content is posted by others who have gained access to your account. This also means you must keep your account password secret. We strongly recommend using a strong password to be sure no one can use your account besides you.
- Each user can only have one account. You cannot transfer your account to another person.
- As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. Administrator rights bought by your employer), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
- You may not use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or for breaking the law.
- PetroFeed reserves the right to refuse to provide the Services to anyone at any time.
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all computers, devices and any hardware data plans and any third party licenses required to access and use the Services.
- Without limitation, you agree not to use the Services to:
- infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of others;
- transmit any material that contains software viruses or other harmful or damaging computer code;
- interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to the Services or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services;
- harass or interfere with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Services;
- provide any data that you do not have the rights or permissions to provide; or
- generate or transmit “spam”.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average user's bandwidth usage (as determined by PetroFeed) then we may disable your account or throttle your access until you reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Services or modify another website in a way that implies that it is associated with PetroFeed or any of the Services.
- You may not transfer any PetroFeed software, or access to such software, to another party without first obtaining PetroFeed's express written consent.
- Once you create an account, PetroFeed grants you the right to use the PetroFeed Services, provided you follow these Terms at all times. If, at any time, you breach any provision of these Terms, your right to use the PetroFeed Services will immediately and automatically terminate.
Content ownership and use
- When you submit content that is not your personal information, that content becomes PetroFeed’s intellectual property so that we can allow others to view and use such content. PetroFeed will give you privacy settings options at the time of posting such content, which will allow you to specify who may see the posted information, and therefore allow you to choose the level of confidentiality you want to maintain. By setting the privacy settings associated with your content, you agree to allow certain people and organizations—those you chose to give access to—to view your submitted information and related content, and you agree to allow PetroFeed to make such content available to those people and organizations.
- Confidentiality is very important to PetroFeed and therefore PetroFeed has the right (but not the obligation) to validate content before it is made available to other users in the network. Also, PetroFeed may refuse to post, or may remove, any content (including content that we determine is unlawful, offensive, libelous, defamatory or otherwise objectionable or content that violates any party's rights) at any time.
- You are responsible for obtaining all permissions that are necessary for you to use, provide, store and process content using our Services and you grant PetroFeed permission to use such content as set out in these Terms.
- Our Services are made available to you for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use only. You may print or download Service pages for your personal use provided that you do not modify any of the Service pages or other content and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices, or disclaimers. You may not use the Services or their content for any other purpose or in any other way. In particular, the Services and their content may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of PetroFeed.
- For your convenience, our Services may include links to other Internet sites and services or resources and businesses operated by other persons (collectively "Other Sites"). Other Sites are independent from PetroFeed, and PetroFeed has no responsibility or liability for Other Sites and your use of Other Sites and your dealings with the owners or operators of Other Sites is at your own risk.
- You may not reproduce or store any part of the Services without our prior consent. To request permission or consent, please contact PetroFeed at email@example.com.
- PetroFeed may, at any time and for any reason change, suspend or terminate the Services or any part of them, or your permission to use the Services, without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person.
- “PetroFeed” and Tether.id and the Tether logo are trademarks used by PetroFeed Inc. You are not licensed to use these trademarks without PetroFeed’s express prior written consent.
- The look and feel of the Services are protected by trademark and copyright law. The content of all PetroFeed Services is copyright © PetroFeed Inc. 2018.
- As your feedback and input may help us improve our Services, we need to be sure that we own all rights to anything we may incorporate in the future versions of the Services. PetroFeed owns all right, title and interest in your feedback about our Services. You hereby irrevocably assign to PetroFeed all right, title and interest in and to all feedback, comments, and suggestions you provide to PetroFeed in any way, and you waive your moral rights in, and all claims or potential claims you do or may have against PetroFeed relating to, all such feedback, comments, and suggestions.
Security, privacy and confidentiality
- Maintaining confidentiality and keeping our user’s data safe and secure is a huge responsibility and a top priority of PetroFeed. We work hard to make it as simple as possible to create, share and consume work information and we work just as hard to help our users maintain confidentiality and to protect our users from the latest security threats. Your input and feedback on our privacy settings and processes, and on our security, is always appreciated.
- If you have discovered a security concern or have suggestions to strengthen confidentiality then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to understand the scope of the issue and to make sure that we fully address your concern. We will acknowledge your report, investigate the issue get back to you if follow-up is warranted. Once the issue is resolved, we will post a security update along with thanks and credit for the discovery.
- PetroFeed will notify you if we become aware of any unauthorized third party access to your data. We will use reasonable efforts to address any known security vulnerabilities.
- You acknowledge that the Services may collect and transmit data to PetroFeed regarding activities on devices, including personal information data.
- The Services are designed to be available 24/7, subject to maintenance.
- Support for the Services is available during PetroFeed’s regular business hours (in English only). Please email email@example.com.
- Any form of abuse of PetroFeed staff by a user will result in the immediate termination of such user's account.
Modifications to the Services
- PetroFeed is constantly updating and improving its products, including the Services. PetroFeed reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Services (or any part of the Services) without notice.
- The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- PetroFeed does not warrant that
- the Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations,
- the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, or operate in combination with any hardware, software devices or data
- the results from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable; or
- any errors in the Services will or can be corrected.
Account suspension and termination
- We may terminate or suspend your account and use of the Services if you: breach any of the Terms; breach or attempt to breach any of our security measures; or, violate any law. We also may, for any reason and in our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your account and refuse any future use of the Services at any time.
- Upon any termination of your account, all of your content will be immediately deleted and no longer accessible to you. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled, although we may have copies of the information stored in backups.
Linking To Our Site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link from any website that is either not owned by you or which you are not permitted to edit the content on.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in this policy.
- If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through www.tether.id
- If you buy any of our paid Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services.
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- We may store and continue billing your payment method (e.g. credit card) even after it has expired, to avoid interruptions in your Services and to use to pay other Services you may buy.
- If you purchase a subscription, your payment method automatically will be charged at the start of each subscription period for the fees and taxes applicable to that period. To avoid future charges, cancel before the renewal date.
- All of your purchases of Services are subject to Petrofeed’s refund policy.
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
Liability and Indemnity terms
- PETROFEED IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY MODIFICATION, DISRUPTION, PRICE CHANGE, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SERVICES.
- YOU AGREE THAT PETROFEED IS NOT LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF PETROFEED HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE LACK OF AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
- OTHER THAN FOR DAMAGES THAT CANNOT BE LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, PETROFEED’S ENTIRE LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS WILL NOT EXCEED AN AMOUNT FOR ANY ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE SERVICES IN THE 12 MONTH’S PRIOR TO THE CLAIM OR (B) $500.
- PETROFEED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON YOUR USE OF ANY NON-PETROFEED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- PETROFEED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR VIOLATION OF LAW OR VIOATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY THE CONTENT YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THE SERVICES. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND PETROFEED FROM ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, SUIT OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY AGAINST PETROFEED THAT ALLEGES THAT YOUR CONTENT INFRINGES, MISAPPROPRIATES OR VIOLATES A THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS OR VIOLATES APPLICABLE LAW. YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY PETROFEED FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES, THAT RESULT FROM ANY SUCH CLAIM, DEMAND, SUIT OR PROCEEDING.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROCESSING AND TRANSMISSION OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING YOUR CONTENT, MAY BE TRANSFERRED UNENCRYPTED AND INVOLVE TRANSMISSIONS OVER VARIOUS NETWORKS.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT PETROFEED USES THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND HOSTING PARTNERS TO PROVIDE THE NECESSARY HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, NETWORKING, STORAGE, AND RELATED TECHNOLOGY REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES.
- You indemnify, defend and forever hold PetroFeed, and PetroFeed’s licensors, suppliers, contractors, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents, harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities, suits and expenses (including lawyers’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with your use of, or access to, the Services or any data you transmit. The foregoing shall survive any termination of these Terms.
- PetroFeed’s failure to exercise or enforce any provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of PetroFeed’s rights.
- The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and PetroFeed relating to their subject matter and govern your use of the Service. The Terms supersede any prior agreements between you and PetroFeed including any prior versions of the Terms.
- If any provision of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable then the remaining provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
- The Terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, and the federal laws of Canada applicable in Alberta, without regard to conflict of law rules. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Alberta, Canada for the resolution of any disputes arising under the Terms or as a result of your use of the Services. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to transactions under the Terms.